26.9.14

Dark Room Blossom



Embellished sequin pullover - c/o Dressabelle
Floral leather midi skirt - c/o Dressabelle
Earrings - H&M
Mary-jane heels - borrowed
Lip colour - Topshop lip cream

I'm taking my cue from Dolce & Gabbana and Valentino for dark floral looks this season. I was first attracted to this unique floral skirt made out of buttery smooth leather, it stood out to me on the rack among Dressabelle's upcoming collection. Its unconventional colour scheme breathes new life into the look of florals – something way too homogeneously overdone imo – a landscape of maple leaves that somewhat resemble negative photography effect. The occasional pops of red adds sweetness, also picking up nicely against my choice of red lip colour. Following closely to D&G's baroque aesthetics, it felt right to work a pair of oversized chandelier earrings. Dainty jewellery is classy, but there's something irreplaceably glamorous about oversized adornments which I easily consider them as display pieces around my bedroom. They have found a permanent place on my ears since the day I got them...