2.2.14

Heat Waves

Full swing maxi skirt - Nasty Gal (similar here)

Suede booties - Topshop (similar here)



Mesh layered blazer - c/o Dressabelle










Web dress (worn as top) - Taobao


Topshop lip cream in 'Smart'

I can safely say this is the windiest day I have ever done a photoshoot in, the wind was insane! It was probably not the best idea to photograph on windy, clear day, to make things worse the location was a rooftop. I ended up either squinting or looked really awkward in most of the photos haha! Thanks to my patient friend who selflessly shot my outfit. But having said that, I loved how effortlessly flowy the garments worked with the wind. I have been wearing loads of monochromatic looks lately and when I stick with a colour, I go all out. Black doesn't have to be boring at all. What inspired me to layer excessively was my Dressabelle blazer which has the loveliest mesh layered beneath its uneven hem. It almost adds a superhero quality to the blazer (which I'd like to think as an essential to a power suit) since it floats like a cape as I moved. Since my shoulders are kept stiff, I decided to contrast its shape with a ultra baggy swing skirt. Anything volumous just adds a ton of drama to the otherwise restricted look. Don't forget that red lip! Always works as a perk-me-up. :)

Photos by Corrine