28.12.13

The Perfect Tartan Skirt



Merry Christmas to everyone! I had such a fantastic one this year and I truly wish you had a joyous one with your loved ones. To me, Christmas is about being reminded of our saviour Jesus Christ, his endless love and mercy towards us. Christmas is all about spending quality time with your loved ones, giving generously and expressing appreciation towards those who matter. I have received a fair amount of gifts this year and I honestly don't think I deserve it so thank you to all those who chose to give anyway.



Western pointed flats - ASOS
Tartan suspenders skirt - c/o Dressabelle (similar here)





Christmas just doesn't feel right without some Tartan, isn't it? Despite it being considered more of a fall trend, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be worn any other time of the year. It never hurts to inject a little festivity to your day. What made me pick the skirt up was really the suspenders. I just love how they hang preppy on the shoulders or just by the side when I feel like it. Best part, they're removable! But then again why would I? :p

Rimmel Kate Matte lipstick in shade 111







Watch - Casio | Cross earrings - Bugis Street


Denim shirt - thrifted from The Salvation Army (similar here)




They always say the best things are discovered when it's unexpected; well yeah, I happened to discover the perfect denim shirt in a thrift store. You may not believe me but this is my first denim shirt! Makes me wonder where have I been all these while. Although the shirt was meant for a 6 years old, I miraculously fit in. It has the cutest pockets and the perfect shade of blue. I apologise in advance if I over repeat this shirt in my future blog posts...

Photos by Yun Jing