26.8.12

New2U Thrift Shop


My love for thrift stores grew over time because I love the feeling of buying something unexpected at extremely low prices. I have covered various posts on shopping at Salvation Army, today I want to introduce you guys somewhere new where you can explore for yourself.

New2U Thrift Shop is an extension of the Singapore Council of Women Organisations. Located along 96 Waterloo Street (nearest MRT: Bras Basah), the store is run by volunteers, offering pre-loved goods and all proceeds will contribute towards SWO's various initiatives.

Interior of the thrift shop



I was very impressed with what's offered on racks. In fact, I ended up picking more things than I had expected! It really doesn't hurt my wallet when most clothes are priced between $2 to $6. There's a fitting room within the store, definitely essential when it comes to vintage clothes.



On top of the already low prices, I love how New2U offers additional promotions:
(Visit their website for full list of promos)

Everyday Promotion:
1. T-shirt Monday
2. Every Tuesday is Student 1/2 price day
3. Skirt/Men trousers Wednesday
4. Shoes Thursday
5. Surprises Friday

Vintage shoes

 So what did I pick out?


One of the many things I purchased was this mod dress that costs only $6. Seems to belong in the 60s' based on cutting and stitchings. Think: Twiggy. I also believe it's tailor made because there were no labels except for one which instructs to 'dry clean only'. I love how the dense material weighs on my body!



You can see it a lot clearer here that it's pale yellow! Lovely!

Nude leather pumps - Zara | Socks - Daiso
I really enjoyed my shopping experience there and urge you guys to go too! I hope no one's skeptical about purchasing preloved things. If you are interested, drop by Monday to Fridays, 10.30am - 2.30pm. Anyone had already gone there? I would love to hear your experiences!

Photos by Nicholas.